Marcel Marceau: Master Mime
199. The entire world of technology makes sense by miming the human body and faculties. - M.M.
200. The chair enhances the head and it pushes aside the rest of the body. - W. Constantineau
201. The chair names the parts of the body as it numbs them: feet, legs, seat, back and arms. - W. Constantineau
202. Under electric conditions, as all leaders now know, every seat is a hot-seat. So they now stand and we recline. - W. Constantineau
203. Perception: A proportion among proportions apprehended in our sensory lives. - St. Thomas Aquinas
204. My work is designed for the pragmatic purpose of trying to understand our technological environment and its psychic and social consequences. - M.M.
205. My purpose is to employ facts as tentative probes, as means of insight, of pattern recognition. - M.M.
206. Unless you see both Ground and Figure simultaneously, you don't have the whole picture. - M.M.
207. I want to map new terrain rather than chart old landmarks. - M.M.
208. The natural space of non-literate people (those who have no experience of "phonetic" literacy) is like the "mind's ear" or Acoustic Imagination that dominates the thinking of preliterate and post-literate people alike. - B.N.